Headers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Up the Hustle


1. Who: Aisha Sasha John Occupation: Poet, Dancer, Playwright

2. What is your Obsidian connection?
2008/2009 Playwrights Unit

3. Where have you been?
Wouldn’t you like to know! Um..mostly I go to my kitchen and brew very strong fruity black teas. After that I go to the living room and make out with my laptop or work on my stomach isolations. I like the library and the dance floor.

Don’t judge me:
I don’t have to leave the house because I’m working on my thesis, a thrilling book of poems called Self-Portrait with. I’m doing my MFA in Creative Writing at Guelph.

4. When will we see you next?
The Mussorgsky Project at the CrossCurrents Festival May 3. Fine actors will read my play and we’ll laugh. All of us will chitter and sigh. Be excited.

But if that’s too long of a wait you can see me whenever you please at my blog: http://ai5ha.blogspot.com.

5. Why art?
I’m greedy: I want to own all my minutes.

6. How’s the city treating you?
Funny that you ask—Toronto and I have recently renewed our vows. She’s shown me new parts of herself and I’m loving her more and more.

7. Complete the sentence:
“In 2009 I will…” up the hustle.

8. What is your favourite “O” word? Oh!

9. The best?
My poetry manuscript: Self-portrait with. A deep hip stretch. Soukous. Mutuashi.
Bachata. Good clown. 12-point Tahoma. Year-long jokes. Candour.

10. The worst?
Inauthenticity. Laziness.

No comments: