Over the past nine years, here at Obsidian, we have been privileged to work with many talented actors, directors, playwrights and designers. In the spirit of Black History month, we are dedicating February to the acknowledgment of some of the people who have become a part of Obsidian's history.
We'll be featuring a different black theatre artist everyday this month. Join us in supporting these amazing local artists and check out their responses to our Obsidian Questionnaire.
1. Who: Cara Ricketts Occupation: Actor
2. What is your Obsidian connection? Philip Akin's love child
3. Where have you been? in the past. Obsidian/3D atomic's Born Ready, A Raisin in the Sun Soulpepper, A Midsummer Night's Dream Canstage.
4. When will we see you next? in the future. this month Wise Woman for bcurrent, then Julius Caesar at Stratford.
5. Why art? why not? Art is dangerous. I like dangerous things. Art cannot be measured. Art is not always good, not always bad and judged differently; not by day instead the same day but different viewers. Art grows and I'm just trying to be a catalyst.
6. How's the city treating you? The city and I are doing fine. We've been in a solid relationship for some time now and I don't wanna break up with him but we need some time apart. I know I'll miss him but it won't be long.
7. Complete the sentence: “2009 will be…” big. I don't know how big but a good size.
8. What is your favourite “O” word? ...Oblectation. (or 'Orgasm' oh! and 'ooh'...)
9. The best? that silence... when we're all sharing that same moment.
10.The worst? that other silence.. when I can't think of another topic to bring up in everyday conversation... that happens too often.