Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Paid to Play
1. Who: Sabryn Rock Occupation: Theatre Practitioner
2. What is your Obsidian connection?
Philip Akin, Jordi Mand and I go way back
3. Where have you been?
With Obsidian: Late/ Mussorgsky Project 1 Others: Dead Ahead at LKTYP, Romeo & Juliet with Driftwood, things in Saskatchewan you probably didn't see.
4. When will we see you next? Not in Toronto! Little Shop of Horrors at Persephone in Saskatoon.
5. Why art?
I get paid to play. Why wouldn't I art?
6. How's the city treating you?
Toronto has been kind to me. Although with my friendly prairie roots, I am baffled why no one looks each other in the eye on the streets and God forbid sharing a smile with a stranger....lighten up, Toronto!
7. Complete the sentence: "2009 will be…"
2009 will be one of the sassiest years of my life because I get to be a Doo-Wop girl in one of my favourite musicals!
8. What is your favourite "O" word?
9. The best?
'The knee squeeze' or 'side jab' to your neighbour sitting next to you in the audience. This only happens when something deliciously awful or awkward happens on stage.
10. The worst?
When I can't stop laughing at something that isn't supposed to be comical...again as an audience member. Wow, I'm terrible for the latter two.