Headers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

To Be Fearless



1. Who: Phedra L'Abbe Occupation: Actor/Singer

2. What is your Obsidian connection? Apprentice Producer

3. Where have you been? What a nebulous question! I was in Waterloo, then Oakville, now Toronto. Life has taken me to Europe. Work has taken me to the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

4. When will we see you next? I will be in the Obsidian office on occasion for a little while longer. I will also be singing in La Traviata for Opera Kitchener and Brampton Lyric Opera.

5. Why art? Growing up with art all around me I think the question became 'Why not art?' The only reason to not pursue art, for me, was fear, and I didn't want to let fear rule my life. I want to communicate, inspire, touch, express. I just love it.

6. How’s the city treating you? I have been intimidated without realizing it but our relationship is warming up.

7. Complete the sentence: “In 2009 I will…" work to be fearless in all of life's endeavours.”

8. What is your favourite “O” word? The big O comes to mind, but origami is cool too. I love those paper cranes.

9. The best? having a direction

10. The worst? being lost or stuck

No comments: