Headers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Despite All the Doom and Gloom



1. Who: Leah-Simone Bowen Occupation: Various Theatrical Positions and Office temp

2. What is your Obsidian connection?
A member of the 2007/2008 Playwrights' Unit and long-time fan.

3. Where have you been?
Is this an existential question?

4. When will we see you next?
I will be playing Lt. Nyota Uhura in an improvised Star Trek spoof at the Bad Dog Theatre in March.

5. Why art?
It's the only thing I do moderately well. It was a choice between that or TV watching

6. How's the city treating you?
I moved to Toronto from a small prarie town with loads of fresh air. For the first two years I lived in Toronto, I was so ill I had to take three months off work and caught every airborne illness including pnemonia. Even then, with death on the horizion, I still thought it was a great city to live in.

7. Complete the sentence: "2009 will be…"
2009 will be extraordinary, despite all the doom and gloom.


8. What is your favourite "O" word?
My "hey look at me I know big words that start with O answer " would be Obscurantist, a person who is deliberately vague. Unfortunately, that is a lie, the real answer is Oprah. I love her and patiently wait for Gail King to mess up so I can take over as best friend and executive - in - chief of O magazine.

9. The best?
To be a woman living in Canada with so much choice and freedom.

10. The worst?
Cold Showers, Strong Perfume, Arrogance, Cynics and the fact that Barack Obama, inspirer of many, will meet Stephen Harper, inspirer of none.

No comments: