Headers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What She Said

I will not put another dead young black man on stage
Forget the vogue for tales of knife crime and hoodies ? I'm interested in the full range of the black British experience
Patricia Cumper


Oh yes I am so over this article. What a novel idea huh? When I am in an almost joking mood I say that black plays always have someone die in it, usually a child. Death is the most common charcter in black plays. The linchpin of the story in many cases. I often wonder if any good, interesting non-death related stuff ever happens. I believe that the few plays that actually work on the bigger canvas of ideas really capture peoples imaginations. Intimate Apparel does that in a big way.

I think I will follow some of the links in the article and see what others I can find.

No comments: