Headers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sunday Quickies

Didn’t the Medici’s used to do this? Maybe it’s an idea that can be dressed up in new clothes for the 21st Century

Patrons Support Artists on the Web


Now here is a novel idea: Community Database

For many reasons I don’t think this would fly here. Primarily the strictures in the Privacy Act would work against it. But I have to say that I would love to be in the room when someone pitched the idea to get all the theatres to put all their patrons/donors/subscribers into a communal pot.

And the continuing story of: Should whites direct black plays, and vice versa?
If you have read my previous posts on this then you know where I stand. Some interesting points about the two way flow of directors though.
h/t Marcia Johnson

I found this quote at some point during a web crawl.

Howlin' Wolf once said about some particularly good barbecue—it was "like Baby Jesus in satin pants."

I don't exactly know what it means but there is a play in there somewhere.

No comments: