Headers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Debates Akimbo

Actors denounce Tory arts rhetoric

There have been a ton of articles written on Steven Harpers comments regarding artists as not ordinary working people. I don't even know where to begin with that so I won't.

In response to all of this Bravo has set up a Townhall evening on October 2nd.  Alas it is on the same day as the 1st Leaders Debate and the 1st Vice Presidential Debate.  So I expect that there will be a split focus which is quite unfortunate.

I must say that I am quite heartened that the arts has made it to this profile level. Usually nobody much cares unless you want someone to sing at an event. I strongly urge people to get out and be vocal and to take advantage of the numerous opportunities to ask the arts questions to the candidates in their riding.

Check out the PACT website for more opportunities and if you want to submit a question to the leaders debate then go here.  

No comments: